PAGEVIEWS

26 September 2010

A Letter To..........

The ultrasound tech (the second one, not the first dingy one who didn't know what she was doing).

Dear ultrasound tech (I think your name is Cheryl),
Thank you for seeing me on short, squeeze-in notice on Friday the 13th of August 2010.  I know the office is disorganized and you guys were very busy that day.  I know it was a squeeze to get that appointment, and I am really glad I was able to get in.  Thank you for knowing how to do your job right and for being one of the only people in that office who not only seemed to be organized enough to do your job correctly, but also actually having some compassion and for treating me like a person and not just a number on a chart.  Thank you for telling me all about my baby, how big he or she was, where his or her head and heart was, and for having tears in your eyes when you told me it was not alive anymore.  Thank you for telling me that if I was your sister, you'd tell me that the imaging was very good and that it was not necessary to do another more invasive ultrasound.  Thank you for giving my mom some tissues (I was too shocked to cry, thank you for seeming to understand that, too).  Thank you for noticing that my bladder was full and asking if I needed to use the restroom.  Thank you for taking us right to a private room to wait for the doctor so we wouldn't have to sit in the hall while my mom fell apart.  Thank you for bringing us some water.  Thank you for being the only person there who would make me consider ever setting foot in that building again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweetie! Reading this post and the next has brought me to tears. I know you are angry and hurting so deeply. You really are a strong person, weather you believe it or not. People are stupid and insensitive, however there are a few decient souls out there, luckily ur ultrasound tech sounds like she was alright. Just try to hold dear to those that love you and dont make you want to loose it. Im praying for you! =) Heart you hun!

    ReplyDelete