PAGEVIEWS

02 January 2012

New Beginnings

I know I usually talk about losing a baby on here but today I'm going to discuss the exact opposite, finding a parent! On Wednesday, December 28, 2011, I was found on facebook by my aunt, Becky Brown, my fathers sister. How exciting is that?! In one instant, a million questions were answered and I couldn't be more happy. I got to put faces with names, I found out I don't have other biological siblings but I do have 2 stepsisters, and I found out that I've been cared about for a very long time by many people. When family gets separated, you never know what may happen on your quest to find them. What happened was the best possible outcome. I have a dad who cares, a plethora of aunts, uncles, cousins, etc who I hope to get to know as soon as possible, and I don't have to wonder anymore.

I never thought that the new year would bring tons of new family with it but I feel so grateful that it has. I have a new lease on life, a new excitement to learn about half of my family and half of myself.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what can I say? I have just finished reading your blogs. You my dear have been through so much. I would like to say that you are much stronger than you might realize. I feel that I have gotten to know you through your writings, what an amazing talent you possess Alex. I noticed a talent that you share with your dad, he too is an artist, he has drawn some pretty awesome pictures in his day. Your cousin Billy, my son, writes poetry as well and for his senior project had a book published. Just a couple of things that I picked up on through reading your blogs. Another thing is the anxiety, my father had it, passed it on to a few of his kids, who in turn passed it on to their own. Finding Jesus was the way I dealt with mine and my daughter Brittney has done the same. My faith has seen me through many trying times and is "KEY" in all that I think and do. I am far from perfect, but as the saying goes...I am not where I should be, but thank God I am not where I used to be. I too became pregnant with Brittney at the age of 17, my senior year in high school at Thompson Falls, MT. I had her on April 17, 1982 and turned 18, on May 20th. Your dad returned home from Gillette when I was about 7-8 months along. After I had her I would wake up to him leaning over my sleepng body as he gazed at her. I know that he must have been thinking about you as well, as that is the time that he returned home with your baby picture! How wonderful it is to get to read your stories and the wonderful life your mother made sure you had. I definately thank her for raising such a wonderful daughter. I am so grateful that we have found you Alex. You are a special young woman with "paternal" side of family as well, that has longed to see you and love you...NOW, we get that chance!! I give GOD all the glory for that as well. Love, Auntie Becky

    ReplyDelete