PAGEVIEWS

11 July 2012

I'm Not the Person...

...to be complaining to that you're unhappy with the sex of your (healthy, living) unborn baby!

I hate to do so many complainer posts, but JEEZ!!!  Obviously, this is geared toward one person, so I'll use my disclaimer here that I'm PRETTY sure she'll never read this.  On the flip side, if you're one of those jackasses who does this, DON'T! 

It happened like this.  I got a random text from an old friend who did the typical back and forth, "how are you?  What's up?  What's new?  How are the kids?"  (I knew she was pregnant so I tried to avoid that topic, and I knew she DIDN'T know about the second baby.  But she should've known about the first).  Then it came, "I'm due blah blah time."  I TRIED.  So hard.  "Oh, cool, I have a friend who's kid was born that day, she's awesome.  Do you know what you're having?"  "A horrible boy."  STILL, I tried.  I even gave her the benefit of the doubt that she tried to write little, or awesome, or something other than horrible.    "Boys are fun!"  I replied.  "That's what people say, but it doesn't make it any better."  Welp, that did it!  But still, I was nice.  "Well, after losing 2, I'd be happy with any baby who could stay, but I remember thinking boys would be weird when I was pregnant with Trent, but he's been nothing but awesome."  No reply.  Made me laugh, kinda.

But this is what I really wish I would've said.

"Look, you selfish ass, lots of people can't have babies, or have trouble having babies, or would do ANYTHING to have a baby.  Some people lose babies, and go through hell wondering why they're not pregnant.  And they definitely DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOU COMPLAIN BECAUSE YOU'RE HAVING A PERFECT LITTLE CREATURE WHO JUST HAPPENS TO BE THE "WRONG" SEX SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GROW UP AND BE HAPPY THAT YOU GET TO HAVE A HEALTHY BABY WHEN LOTS OF PEOPLE DON'T!"

Just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment