PAGEVIEWS

20 October 2010

Too Much

I haven't said much lately here (or anywhere) because I have too much going on in my mind and everything feels crazy and up in the air lately.  I haven't been feeling well, for one thing, and that's been a little troublesome.  I know I should just go to the doctor but I think that's scary.  I also go back and forth thinking I'm fine or else I'm super sick and terrified to find out for sure.  I did express my concerns to one friend but she just laughed.  I think she thinks I'm just trying to be dramatic but as she's known me for about 14 years, she should know better.  I'm the type who will go to work half dead and insist I'm fine, so if I'm alarmed that I could actually be seriously sick, wouldn't it make sense that maybe I have a reason to think so?  Anyway, though, I really don't want to talk about that.  I just kinda wanted to get it off my chest because it has been on my mind quite a bit lately.

Another thing is that I just can't seem to get anything done.  I feel trapped in my messy house and I just have not been able to keep up on things.  I feel like stuff just piles up and piles up and is about to come crashing down around me.  It is frustrating!! I have no idea what I have been doing lately, but it obviously is not keeping up on the house or any other responsibilities.  I am behind on PTA stuff and I don't even care anymore.  I just feel like I am burdened by all of these things that I should care about but just don't.  I guess I should stop trying to do more than I can handle, but i see other's who seem to be able to do it all, so why can't I?  I want to be able to help my kids with their scout stuff, to be involved with PTA so I can make a difference in their school, keep a nice home, and help cultivate their interests (like karate lately), but I do not seem to have the energy (or interest) in doing all of this.  I don't know what's wrong with me!!

Some other things that have been on my mind is that we are somehow low on money, and work is open this year on Christmas (which is total bullshit but I have no idea how to get out of it).  I don't know how we got low on funds, and I know I have money set aside for birthdays and Christmas and Ryan will be getting money back from having to travel but it's just another thing on my list that is concerning me.  We aren't in serious trouble or anything like that, it is just another thing I don't feel like dealing with.  It probably didn't help that I've had to miss work periodically but with losing Taylor, and then Ryan travelling, and Ryan having to travel again, plus taking a day off here and there, it's been unavoidable to miss time.  I am also pissed and freaking out a bit that we are actually open this year on Christmas.  My boss says, "we are in the service industry, so we signed up to work holidays," but I have worked there for 12+ years and this is the first time we've been open on Christmas.  I signed up for a job where when I started, the boss was fair about scheduling on holidays (3 hour shifts for EVERYONE. Period.), but also WE WERE ALWAYS CLOSED ON CHRISTMAS!  I hate working for a company that is so greedy it would prefer to ruin ALL of it's employee's holiday just to make a few extra bucks.  I am seriously considering looking for a new job that I can start before Christmas or quitting, but I can not afford to just up and quit.  So, so, so stressed out about the holidays!  It's already hard enough with the kids' birthday's near the holidays and trying to figure out a menu that can accommodate Ryan's health, Kate and Eddy's beliefs (vegan), and Mark's desired diet, but now I have to toss work into the mix.  UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!  Plus this is the first time in about 15 years that my grandma may be coming for Christmas.  I HAVE to get out of working it!  It's 2 months away and I'm already stressing big time.  It makes me furious!!  I have to get out of that place, I hate it!!

Also, I don't know why I haven't been taking working out seriously but I just don't feel like doing it.  I still walk 3 days a week but I don't keep up on the other things I was doing, I don't make the effort to walk on weekends or after work when I work days, I don't even take the 5 minutes to get on the wii fit to do my body test everyday anymore.  I have no excuse for this.  But I feel tired and have no energy and my weight has been all over the place lately so I really should take it more seriously.  It wouldn't kill me to devote half an hour a day to exercise and keep track of how I'm doing, or to eat better, or to take my vitamins everyday, but I just have not been doing it.  I have no idea why I have lost all motivation, but it's gone.  Part of me does not even care anymore.

With all of this craziness going on I feel like I am losing my mind.  I dread work EVERY time I go, I am getting burned out with my new schedule (the Thursday night to Friday mornings is just killing me! And I hate working with one of the people who works on both of those shifts), I have been preoccupied and grouchy and worried and I am being stupid and stubborn and I know it but I don't know who to talk to or who can help me or just be by my side (Ryan has to work the rest of the week and go out of town next week), and I am behind on all of my priorities and am starting to feel like I am never going to catch up.  I have been so exhausted and I don't even know why.  I really need to figure out a new schedule! I just have no idea where to start with anything!  I am tired of feeling so lost but I don't know how to catch up or who can help me. 

In the midst of all of this, I haven't even been able to think about Taylor very much.  I didn't light a candle on Friday, I tried not to think about it being the day it was (even though in the back of my mind I had been planning to focus that day on Taylor, and the other sweet babies we no longer have), and yesterday I had planned to do a special blog entry but then had the time and energy and emotion to spend 5 minutes writing a few lines that did not give the situation and feelings justice.

The only good thing I have given myself time for is thanking God for getting new days each time I wake up, and for being with my sweet kids and hoping and praying that I will have a long, long time to be here enjoying them.  Sometimes I am afraid that Taylor left so I could, too.  I want to be here with Trent and Taryn for a LONG time to come.  Maybe that sounds crazy but it just comes to mind sometimes.  And it totally scares me!  : (

3 comments:

  1. Sweetie,

    first question....what do you mean when you say Taylor left so you could too?! I am only curious as I wish i help you and I desire to understand your thoughts and your heart.

    Honey, I am here for you. If you feel like you are not doing good and need to seek medical attention, it is first and foremost important for you to do so!!! If you would like someone to come with you, I would absolutely love to! I am here for you. Trust me, I too worry. It is a very scary thought when you think that something could be wrong, really wrong. I also know you well (I think), and if you dont feel good, PLEASE go to the doctor. Westside IS a good place, just dont go to the lutheran campus. And you can ask to see just one person. It only limits the times you can make apts...

    Alex, you are still healing and maybe you do need some help. Sounds to me like you just need a good source. On sunday I am going to Faith, 845am, if you would like to join us. I would love to have you there.

    Dont be so hard on yourself. Still give yourself time. Make yourself find time for you, stay healthy. Keep eating right and keep up on your walks. Keeping yourself healthy is the first thing you can do to help yourself feel better. Take care of you, if you dont take care of you, you cant take care of them kiddos. =)


    You mean alot in this world. You mean alot to me! And MANY others out there.

    As far as work is concerned. I absolutely agree. That is bs that they will be open. You need to do what makes you happy. Hey! Applebees is remodeling right now, and they said they are hiring a couple new servers, go in and talk to 'tony' hes a nice guy I hear and a server there said he covers all his bills in like 3 shifts. So, he prolly didnt have kids, but he makes decient money. Its closer to you too. You shouldnt put up with all the crap at that place anymore. I have noticed since I have been back that it just ISNT worth it anymore. Its a bs company and store anymore and you deserve a better environment. Ok honey, Im rambling. =)

    I just love you hun, and I want you to be happy. Please go to the doctor, I did. Go and talk with them. If there is something seriously wrong, you need to know and you need to get going on whatever you need to to get to feeling better. You cannot let things like that go for so long. Trust me, I know its scary, but you need to take care if yourself. I love you babe. I hope me words dont make you crazy. Im here for you and only being honest, love love love love LOVE!!!!!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and by the way, ill be quitting before christmas, theres no way in hell i will be working on christmas day! ha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex,

    I never actually post anything on here because, well who cares what some 22 year old guy has to say, and for the most part its absolutely true, I usually have no clue what I am saying. So I am not writing this to offer any advice, because I wouldn't trust it either. I simply want to show you what I believe based on what I know about you.

    You are clearly stressed out to the point where it is weighing you down, but that is only because of what you are trying to do. You are an amazing mother and wife. I seriously have never heard somebody ramble on and on about there kids so much at times, and what else blows my mind, is that you are there for everything you can be. Just for them. You must work 30-40 hours per week on some of the hardest shifts which is time demanding enough, but then you also wear yourself down by working back to back, night to day just to be able to be there for your kids. Frankly, just by all that, I am absolutely amazed. But then you can also be a caring and loving wife and do things for your husband as well! and while doing all this, you manage to maintain a clean and happy household?! And then on top of all that keep up a rockin body ;)?!?!

    You are, and always will be one of those people I will always look up to. I just wish that when I do decide to start a family that I can be half the parent you are.

    Just know that no matter what happens, no matter what the future may hold, you have caring friends and an adoring family that would do anything for you. So if you are looking for support, just reach out a hand, and I guarantee you that some one will be there to catch you.

    love always
    D

    ReplyDelete