PAGEVIEWS

09 January 2011

In Retrospect

I am amazed- as usual- that another year has flown by.  Day to day, things don't really seem to change all that much, but then I look back and think, wow!  SO MUCH has changed over the years, and so much happened and changed in 2010.  I never would have thought that all of the things that happened last year would have happened to me.  I feel like a completely different person in so many ways.  I never would have thought that I'd get pregnant, or be excited about it.  But I did, and I was so thrilled.  I never thought I would know how it feels to lose a child, I remember feeling such sorrow for people who have.  And although their circumstances were different (like they had children who were born and who they got to spend months or years with first), I never, ever, ever thought I would end up knowing firsthand how hard it is to say goodbye to a child that you wanted to have in your life for the rest of your life.  And though I have gone back and forth over a very long period of time about God, church, religion, et cetera; I am way more in touch with my spiritual side now than I ever thought I could be.  Somehow through the bad things, starting in the summer of 2009 when Shane and J.J. died, my faith in God grew stronger, not weaker.  I cannot explain how or why but I am so very glad that I can now say my relationship with God is growing and I am learning so much about faith and his love.  Day to day, little things happen, but over the period of many days, big things have taken place.  I may not always understand why, but I am truly grateful for all of my experiences.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sweetie! I know I dont comment much anymore (I do still follow, just dont comment anymore......) I love you! I am very glad that you are getting more in touch with your spiritual side. This is a good thing. May God grant you a sense of peace in your heart that only he can give. I love you and think of you often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are finding peace! Good things are coming this year...I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gave you a blog award! It will be posted soon! Check it out!

    (((hugz)))
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your writing above. Nothing is more peaceful life than relying on God. Whatever our religion, as long as we are able to do the best of our religion. You have 5 followers, just like me. Why do not we be friends? Thanks and Regards!

    ReplyDelete