PAGEVIEWS

05 December 2010

Church and Music

So...
I randomly decided to start attending church again.  Ok, it's not really that random.  It's been on my mind for a while now I just didn't know where to go.  Last week I went with Ron and Becky (my in-laws) again, and I found that what they were saying there was exactly what I have been needing to hear!  We went again today (Ryan came, too, he works every other Sunday) and again, another great message that helped give me a new perspective on things that have been bothering me lately.  One thing this church does yearly is host a Christmas tea for the women of the congregation, so I attended that with Becky and Gloria (her mom) yesterday.  The theme this year was "simply Christmas," yet ANOTHER message I needed pounded in!!  I am happy to have reminders of 1.  The real reason for the season (no, it's NOT going in to debt, stress, and presents!) and 2. to keep things simple and ENJOY.  I wanted to share that!

As a side note, I would love to thank Jenny and Jenn for suggesting their churches to me, as well.  And to both of these lovely ladies, I still would love to come with you sometime!! I'm sure if you like your church homes, they'll have something to offer me, as well.

And just a quick note on the music.  I tried to add some a long time ago but it didn't really work out, partially because I was not able to come up with many good ideas for what would be appropriate on my own.  SO, I cheated and googled "songs for miscarriage" and simply added them to the playlist.  This was a good route for me because it really did give some great ideas for songs that I never would have listened to otherwise.  A lot of these songs really spoke to my heart about the topic of loss, so I hope you'll enjoy them, too!

<3

3 comments:

  1. hey sweetie! Thank you for thanking me! =) I apreciate it! We went to church yesterday and all I could think about was you. How I wished you were there. =) Maybe someday. But I am glad you have found a place you feel comfortable. I hope your new church family welcomes you with open arms and loves you as you deserve to be loved. I hope your relationship with God continues to grow and that he blesses you with a strength like youve never felt before. (((HUGS))))) And to your awesome friend Katherine!!! HUGS AS WELL!!!!! You are both in my thoughts alot! XO

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex. I've been really busy lately and haven't been good about keeping up with your blog, but I'm glad that I checked in.
    I'm so encouraged to hear about your experience with church (or more importantly, God). There are some situations in my life that I know I would never have survived had I not had the hope of eternity and the peace that passes all understanding. I encourage you to passionately cling to God and share every deep, dark, and confusing feeling with Him, because he can surely handle it.
    Thanks again for sharing. Your journey is a blessing to others!
    Love,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. To a young lady who has helped me by simply being herself, and has shown me that I still have the capacity for feeling love for someone, a human conection.

    Biker Steve

    ReplyDelete