PAGEVIEWS

09 October 2010

Coincidence

I took the night off tonight to go to a play with the kids, through boy scouts.  We saw Dracula at a local theater and it was a lot of fun.  The kids got to wear their Halloween costumes, so it was kind of nice for them to be able to wear them already, and to be able to use them more than once, even though Trent just wore his new karate uniform and brought the  nunchucks from his ninja costume along.  It was really cool to be able to spend extra time with the kids (as it always is) and to get out and do something different.  Afterward, the people who own the theater gave the kids a tour of the theater and talked about the theater and taught the kids some general things about acting and stage directions.  I think both of the kids enjoyed it; Ryan and I did, also.

The "coincidence" of all this is that, on the very first step of the tour, the instant we walked backstage, something immediately caught my eye.  A small section of the brick wall was painted white, and people who had visited or been a part of the theater had written their names on the wall.  Guess which name jumped right out at me the second we stepped backstage?  If you said "Taylor Schell," then you were right!  How crazy is that?!  It kind of made me feel like no matter what, there would always be little reminders that my baby was someone who meant a lot, and that I (and others) will never forget : )  It's a great feeling!

Ryan took a picture:


I am also thrilled that Taylor's name has been written in the sand!!  The original request didn't go through so we just emailed them back with what we would like the memorial to say.  I can't wait to see it all when it's done : )

Update: recevied reply email yesterday, this link will now take you to the pic with how we wanted the memorial to read.  Love it!

1 comment:

  1. love the memorial.
    how sweet.
    and yes, you will always have reminders.
    always. :)

    ReplyDelete