PAGEVIEWS

04 October 2010

Unbelievable

When I think about the ultrasound pictures I had of the baby, it's crazy to think that there was a little person in there growing and developing and now there is not.  Even the differences between the ultrasound pictures, taken just a couple weeks apart, are amazing.  On my birthday the baby was barely more than a couple of little blobs; it's heart, beating away so quickly and strong, was the size of a speck.  I never would have been able to distinguish it from some of the other specs on the screen.  It was so cool to see something that tiny and to know it was fully functioning and forming into a little person.  The ultrasound tech told us (the kids and me) that the baby was half an inch long at that point. Wow!

By the time I went into the office on August 13, the baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks and 4 days; about 5-6 days prior to my visit.  However, I could easily see how he or she had moved, the first time we saw the baby it's head was to the left, the next time, his or her body was turned the other way.  The area around the baby had more space to it, and the baby was much larger.  The heart looked more like a heart, and you can see little hands held up by the face, and little feet.  Taylor was only the size of about a quarter (close to an inch long, and weighing in at a minuscule 2 grams), but he or she was already well on the way to being an amazing little person.

It is so hard to believe that the tiny person I got to see twice was growing in me.  I really miss that little person, I'll always wish we got to bring him or her home.  I still find it all absolutely unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment